Updated: February 23, 2023
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected or used by any third party, affiliate, or affiliate of a third party, including those that may link to or can be accessible via the Website. Please review their policies. HCFB is not responsible for the content or the privacy policies or practices of any third-parties, third-party websites, or third-party applications.
Before accessing, using, or interacting with the Website you should carefully review this Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service for the HCFB Digital Platforms (https://www.haircuttery.com/home/terms-of-use.html), which are incorporated by reference and also govern use of the Website and Digital Platforms, and any other applicable terms, which are hereby incorporated by reference and can be viewed via links on the Website. We sometimes refer to these, collectively, as our “Agreement” with you. We may change our Privacy Notice, and any other part of our Agreement, from time to time and encourage you to review them whenever you interact with us.
User Consent: By choosing to interact with HCFB, including through our Website and by communicating with us via email, telephone or in person, you consent to the collection and use of information as described in this Privacy Notice and that you are over 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13 or you do not consent to the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this Privacy Notice, please exit and do not use our Website or other applications or services.
No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website or Digital Platforms. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to us on or through our Website or Digital Platforms, make any purchases through the Digital Platforms, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our the Website or Digital Platforms or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the methods set forth in the contact information section below.
It’s important to use that you understand this Notice and the rest of our Agreement. If you have questions, feel free to reach out by using the Contact Us methods available on our websites and mobile app or by calling our Guest and People Care Center at 877-319-3919.
- What personal information does HCFB collect?
- How does HCFB collect information about me?
- How does HCFB use information about me?
- Does HCFB share the information it receives about me?
- How does HCFB secure information about me?
- What choices do I have?
- Communications from HCFB
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
- Contact for more information
What personal information does HCFB collect?
For purposes of this Notice, unless noted otherwise, when we use the term “personal information,” we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or household (“personal information”).
We may collect personal information that falls into the following categories:
- Identifiers or Personal Information Categories: real name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, telephone number, and email address;
- Classification Characteristics: age, gender, gender identity or identification, sex, and marital status;
- Commercial Information: products or services purchased, obtained or considered or your other purchasing or consuming histories;
- Internet or Network Activity: browser history and cookie tracking;
- Geolocation Data: physical location.
How does HCFB collect information about me?
We collect and store information that you give us directly. For example, when you:
- Create an account: we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, and gender;
- Request customer support: we may collect your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide to us regarding your request;
- Participate in #MyHCStyle or #BubblesBesties: if you choose to participate in #MyHCStyle, or #BubblesBesties, we may collect certain personal information in accordance with the terms of that program, such as your name, email address, screen name, photograph, or other image. You can read those terms at https://bubblessalons.com/bubblesbesties/terms-of-use.html and https://www.haircuttery.com/lookbook/terms-of-use;
- Sweepstakes or contests: we may collect information, such as your name, email address, phone number, address, and other information in connection with your registration with a sweepstakes or contest that we may operate through the Digital Platforms, and in accordance with the terms of that specific sweepstakes or contest. Acceptance of a prize (except where prohibited by law) may also require you to allow us to post certain of that information on our Digital Platform, in the event that you win the contest or sweepstakes.
We also receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us online, with the Website, mobile apps, or any of our other Digital Platforms. For example, we use:
- Cookies (small bits of information that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser) and other tracking technologies to gather information regarding your use and interaction with the Website, third party services, and certain other online activities (including sites you visit, your browser type, operating system, and interactions with our content and emails). This includes a device’s IP address device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers), browser information, geographic location (country only), and the preferred language used to display our website.
- Unique Identifiers (such as a universally unique identifier or “UUID” ), which we may store (including remotely) on your device persistently and may access, collect, or monitor in order to help you log in and navigate through the Digital Platforms.
- Data and Mobile Analytics to collect information about your website usage, performance data, app errors, and debugging information from where the Website were downloaded.
- Log File Information to learn your IP address, browser type, access times, domain names, operating system, the referring web page(s), pages visited, location, mobile carrier, device information (including IDs), search terms, and cookie information.
HCFB may also learn information indirectly about you, which you make publicly available, such as on a social network or shared with third parties. Please note, any content or information you share with or provide to third parties regarding HCFB, your communications with HCFB, or using or related to the Website may not be private or confidential and is not the responsibility of HCFB.
How does HCFB use information about me?
We realize that you trust us to protect your personal information. We take that trust seriously and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are consistent with industry standards, to help protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of personal information and to protect it from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, acquisition, exfiltration, alteration and destruction.
We also take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that our third-party service providers reasonably protect and secure your information. If HCFB becomes aware that a third-party service provider is using or disclosing information improperly, we will take necessary and immediate steps to end or correct such improper use or disclosure.
While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, and account for the protection of information provided to our third-party service providers through us, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances. Please do your part to help us keep your information secure. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s) and your Account(s), and for all activities that occur under your password or Account(s). HCFB specifically reserves the right to terminate your access to your Account(s) and any contract you have with HCFB related to the use of the Website in the event it learns or suspects you have disclosed your Account or password information to an unauthorized third party.
What choices do I have?
HCFB seeks to ensure all individuals are provided with the rights mandated by their governing jurisdiction. Not all of the rights discussed herein will apply to everyone and, depending upon your jurisdiction, may not apply to you.
If you are a resident of Virginia, Colorado, Connecticut, or Utah, you may have the right to request that HCFB:
- Provide you access to recorded personal information that you have previously provided to us
- Correct or amend inaccurate information we have about you
- Delete the collected information assuming that request does not conflict with our legal obligations or other legitimate business purposes for maintaining information
- Honor your request to opt-out of processing of personal data for purposes of targeted advertising, sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the consumer
Virginia, Colorado and Connecticut residents may also have the right to appeal our decision about your request.
To exercise these rights or to appeal our decision about your request, as described above, please:
- Call us at 1-877-319-3919
- Email us at email@example.com
Communications from HCFB
Users may opt-out of receiving certain communications from HCFB by following the unsubscribe process described in our communications, changing your account settings, or by contacting us by using the contact information provided above. Please note that such requests may take some time to fulfill and that certain Website-related communications, including but not limited to account verification, changes or updates to Website features, or technical and security notices are non-optional.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
HCFB may modify this Privacy Notice from time to time. The most current version of this Privacy Notice will govern our use of your information and will be located at https://www.haircuttery.com/home/privacy-policy.html, https://bubblessalons.com/privacy-terms/privacy-policy.html, and https://mycibu.com/pages/privacy-policy. You may contact us to obtain prior versions. We will notify you of material changes to this policy by posting a notice at the Website or by emailing you at an email address associated with your Website Account, if applicable, and provide an “at a glance” overview of any changes.
Contact for More Information
HC Salon Holdings, Inc., c/o Hair Cuttery Legal Dept., 1640 Boro Place, 4th Floor, McLean, Virginia 22102. Should you have any comments or questions about how we collect and use your personal information, communication can be directed to HCFB’s postal address, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 877-319-3919.
In addition, you can call the Guest and People Care Center at (703) 269-5336 or contact us using the Contact Us methods available on our Digital Platforms.
© 2023 HC Salon Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All designs, logos and related marks associated with the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of HCFB or licensed to HCFB. All rights reserved.